Wednesday 15 May 2019


An extract From my eBook,' The Perfect Gift' by Susan Williams only 99p on Kindle eBooks, Smashwords, Apple books and Barnes and noble. 

‘I guess they call you Red because you have red hair,’ she said lightheartedly.

‘You think!’ he said sarcastically, and Hannah fell about laughing, but Red couldn’t see the funny side of it which made Hannah laugh even more.
‘I’m Hanna.’
‘So, Hanna, are you up for it?’
Hannah was so surprised at that remark that she accidentally spat out the coke she had in her mouth on to his trousers.
‘Steady girl,’ he groaned, as he started rubbing it off with a napkin.
‘Sorry about that’.
‘I’m not being funny, I’m serious.’
‘I know you are, which is why it’s so funny. The way you just came straight out with it.’
‘I don’t believe in fancy talk. You find me attractive right?’
She nodded.
‘Well then, let’s get to it.’
‘It’s not as simple as that, I hardly know you?’
‘It’s just sex, what does it matter. You’ll probably be gone tomorrow.’
‘Thanks for the offer, I’m flattered, I really am, but I have to say no… sorry.’
‘I’m sorry too. You’re a great looking bird and I would have liked a bit of you, but eh, there’s plenty more fish in the sea.’
‘I guess there is.’
‘Are you sure you won’t change your mind? I don’t usually give second chances.’
‘You’re confident, I’ll give you that?’
‘With a face like mine you have to be,’ he said abruptly, and then he stood up and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE My eBooks ' Letting Go' and 'A Callous Land' will be available for free on Amaz...