Monday 24 June 2019



As promised, an extract from 'Tales of Romance in a Virtuous Era.' by Susan Williams, free on kindle eBooks until Tuesday 25th June.

An extract from the second story in the book.


‘Sit down Ann and tell me what ails you. What on earth possessed you to make a fool of yourself like that?’
Ann took a sip of the wine he’d given her before saying, ‘You love Grace, don’t you?’
‘What sort of question is that? I’m very fond of Grace, but you know as well as I, that nothing can come of it.’
‘Do I?’
‘Ann, what’s the matter? Tell me.’
‘Do you love her, yes or no!’
‘Yes, I think I do.’
‘I can’t bear to see you two together and if she was to kiss you, I don’t know what I’d do.’
Luther sighed. Then the full realisation of what she was saying hit him, and he stood up and said, ‘You love her, don’t you? How long have you known?’
‘Yes, I love her,’ she said vehemently, as she stood up and walked to the window. ‘But don’t you dare tell her. My life would be over if she knew.’
‘But why do you treat her so badly?’
‘I don’t mean too, it’s just that I get so jealous. Oh Luther!'
I can’t be sure, but I don’t think she likes you in that way Ann. But if she did, I fear you have alienated her forever with your inexcusable behaviour.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE My eBooks ' Letting Go' and 'A Callous Land' will be available for free on Amaz...