Sunday 1 March 2020



An Extract from my ebook, 'A Different Kind of Love' only £2.25 on Smashwords and Amazon

A Different Kind of Love

‘Mind if I butt in?’
Taylor turned around to see Lewis looking at him and said, ‘Give it all you’ve got mate but don’t forget she’s with me.’
Then he left them to it and as he returned to his seat, he looked around for Catherine. She was sat at the bar glaring at Lewis and Jade and he smiled. She was jealous, and she couldn’t hide it. He was tempted to go over to her, and give her some choice words, but what was the point?’

‘How are you?’ Lewis asked, as he twirled her around and caught her in his arms.
‘I used to love it when you did that. Now, you look as if you’re trying too hard.’
‘What’s that supposed to mean?’
‘I thought we had a happy marriage, but I was never in control of my own life. Now I’ve got a life of my own, I realise how much you brainwashed me.’
‘I wish I hadn’t strayed and the more I see you with that bloke, the worse I feel. I love you. Can’t you forgive me?’
‘Your words are falling on death ears. I have no feelings for you, whatsoever. I’m only dancing with you to make that cow jealous. Look at her, she looks as if she wants to hit me, or you?’

‘Please forgive me Jade,’ Lewis said, as he stopped dancing, forcing her to stop too.
‘I forgive you, there. Now get back to her before her head explodes. Oh yes, thanks for firing me. I’m sure I’ll get another job without references.’
‘That was her idea.’ Then hastily, he grabbed her arm and pulled her to him so that his face was almost touching hers and said, ‘We were good together and you know that. Tell me to my face that it’s not true.’
Taylor rushed over, stood in front of her and said, ‘That’s not how to treat a woman. Which is probably why you couldn’t keep her.’
That was too much for Ian and he took a swipe at him, but Taylor dodged the blow and turned around to go. He wasn’t a violent man and had no intention of making himself look like an idiot.

Sadly, Ian had other ideas, and grabbed hold of Taylor’s arm to stop him going and Taylor turned around and smiled. Then to annoy Ian more he said, ‘I’m not a violent man but I can hold my own, and I warn you, if you start something, I’ll finish it.’
‘I know your type, you think you can have any girl you like but you’ll not have her, and I’m going to do my best to show her what a low life you are.’
‘Look at yourself mate. I’m a lot of things, but I’ve never cheated on a girl in my life. Before you start slagging me off, look over there.’
Ian looked towards where he was pointing and knew he had lost the battle when Catherine beckoned him over. Embarrassed, he started to walk over to her, but not before looking Taylor in the eye and saying, ‘I’d keep my eyes open if I were you. You never know who will creep up and bite you.’
‘Threats now is it. Well, here’s one to think about. If I ever have cause to believe that you, or a hired hand are out to get me, I’ll bloody kill you and don’t think that’s a threat, it’s a promise.’

Ian walked off and Taylor, shaking slightly, walked to the toilet. He didn’t want Jade to see that he was troubled. His father had been a bully and he didn’t want to follow in his footsteps if he could help it, but sometimes, more often than he would have liked, he’d had to stand his ground.

When Taylor walked up to Jade, she hugged him and said lovingly, ‘My Knight in shining armour. How can I ever repay you?’
‘There’s a warm bed at home, how does that sound?’
‘Sounds perfect.’
Then, she stood on her tip toes and kissed him hard on the lips and he responded eagerly, then took her hand and led her out of the pub.

The following morning, having had breakfast they were now sat outside on the patio enjoying the sunshine.
‘I hate to break it like this,’ Taylor said hesitantly. ‘I’d love to spend some more time with you, but I’m off to the south of France for a month. I do this every year. I need some time to paint, and there’s no distractions over there.’
‘When do you get time to paint?’
‘I usually paint in the evenings or at weekends but for some reason,’ he said, winking at her. ‘I can’t seem to concentrate.’
‘I understand, it’s cool. Besides, I’m going to need some time to get my business up and running and I’ll be busy too. However, I’m going to miss you like crazy.’
‘Same here, do you want to show me how much?’
She giggled and then said seriously, ‘I know we haven’t talked about it, but It would make me sick to my stomach if you slept with someone else. I don’t suppose you’re ready to remain faithful to me?’

‘I can do that and the same goes for you. Now come on, we need to cement the deal.’


No comments:

Post a Comment

  FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE My eBooks ' Letting Go' and 'A Callous Land' will be available for free on Amaz...