Wednesday 17 November 2021

 

An Extract from ' Forever Yours' by Susan Williams.


Available on Amazon in paperback form for £6.00 or on eBook for £1.25.

Also available on Smashwords as an eBook.

John paced the room for a few minutes then said angrily, ‘That’s not true is it. I’ve seen the way Jacob looks at you, he wants you just as much as I do. And I’ve seen you blush in his presence. If I don’t prove I’m worthy of you, you’ll leave me for him, or someone else.’

 

Sarah got up from the chair, walked over to him and put her arms around him and tried to lead him into the bedroom but he pulled away from her and said angrily, ‘That’s not the answer. We can’t live for passion alone Sarah, that’s only fleeting. In the morning, things will still be the same.’

 

Sarah wiped the tear out of her eye. He had never refused her before and in that moment, for the first time since she’d got married, she felt miserable and alone.

‘I was going to talk to you about Jacob and the way he is with me, but I see it wouldn’t matter to you if I did. You need to look at what you have in front of you. I love you, but if you continue to make decisions on your own, we will continue to drift apart. I don’t know how we can get through this.’

‘I know perfectly well that one day you will leave me, and Jacob will replace me in your affections, for I am aware that in your eyes, he is everything I’m not.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

  FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE My eBooks ' Letting Go' and 'A Callous Land' will be available for free on Amaz...