Saturday 26 October 2019



A Word from the Author

I have anxiety issues. There, I've said it. However, I feel as if I'm coming through the other side now. 

Anxiety is a strange thing. I have everything I want, but I still get anxious. Thankfully, it's not depression this time. The doctors' say that I have a chemical imbalance in the brain. So, I am going to own it. It's not like I have any control over it.

I was worrying about the smallest things which didn't make any sense, and I was starting to cry at stupid things; and having had them before, I am now on tablets, which in my case have helped immensely. 

I'm not advocating that you should go down this route, because there are natural methods you can use to restore your well being. 

At least they are helping me get through this period in my life and thankfully, a little of my passion has returned, and sorry folks, I've started writing again. I forgot how good it makes me feel. Maybe, because I can immerse myself in my characters and forget about myself - I don't know. 

Anyway, I'm now old enough and ugly enough to embrace the fact, that yes, I have had mental health problems in my life, and may have some in the future, but that doesn't mean to say I'm not a strong person. And just in case there is anyone out there who can empathise with this. I'd like to say, own up to it and ignore those people who say it's in your head. 

Unless they've walked a day in your shoes, they'll never understand how you feel. It's not as if I wake up in the morning and think, ' I'd like to be miserable and worry myself silly today.'

As Glory Gaynor would say, ' I am, what I am.'
I'm proud to be Mrs Susan Ann Williams, no matter what those misguided trolls may think.

I have mental health issues yes, but I'm proud of who I am.

Oh dear! once again, I digress. Now, this being my writing blog, sorry guys, I need to promote my new books. lol.



Maggie



A Callous Land: Cover image designed by Dorset artist, Stephen Williams




No comments:

Post a Comment

  FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE My eBooks ' Letting Go' and 'A Callous Land' will be available for free on Amaz...