Friday 25 October 2019


My latest novel ' A Callous Land' by Susan Williams 

Only £2.25

A Callous Land: Cover image designed by Dorset artist, Stephen Williams

Available on Amazon Kindle eBooks, Barnes and Noble, Apple Books and Smashwords


As promised, an extract from my new novel.

‘I need help Tyak.’ she found herself saying as she undid the papoose and lay her baby on the blanket.
‘Help?’
 I am not used to this way of life and I miss us Tyak.’
‘You chose this way of life Isabella; you are part of the village now and you will do as the other women do.’
‘Do the others go without sex as I do. I think not. Why won’t you touch me Tyak?’
‘You talk in riddles Isabella; you are a mother now and you will act like one.’
‘You haven’t answered my question; why don’t you make love to me. Do you no longer love me?’
‘Do you regret having our son Isabella?’ he said angrily.

‘God no, he’s my life. But he’s not all my life. I need you Tyak, can you not see that. My life is hard and when you make love to me, my life is better for it.’
‘We are not as demonstrative as your kind. When we join, we join so that our seed will go on. The day is long and hard, and you should be grateful I make no demands on you.’
‘Grateful,’ she sneered, as she held back the tears.
‘You will sleep now.’ Tyak said, and Isabella knew him well enough to know that at least on his part, the conversation was over.

 That night, for the first time in ages she cried herself to sleep. Tyak would never understand her need for him and suddenly, she felt as if things were slipping away from her. What hurt her more than anything was the fact that once, he couldn’t get enough of her.

‘Damn!’ Isabella cried out as she dropped the kindling on the floor. One of the braves picked it up for her and she gave him a grateful smile. She had taken a liking to Bear, because unlike the others, he wasn’t afraid to air his feelings. Probably because his mother had been white.
‘Shall I take the wood into your tepee?’
‘No Bear, but thank you, you are very kind.’
‘Bear, why are you not with the hunting party?’ Tyak said angrily, as he strode up to them.
‘I am going Tyak, I was just helping Isabella.’
‘Isabella has no need of your help, go.’
Bear gave him an angry look but didn’t say anything and Tyak grabbed hold of her arm and dragged her into the tepee.

‘You will not talk or even look at the other braves Isabella.’
Isabella looked at him harshly and said, ‘I will talk to whomever I please. If you are not interested in me, then I will find somebody who is and move into their tepee. That’s your way isn’t it.’


No comments:

Post a Comment

  FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE My eBooks ' Letting Go' and 'A Callous Land' will be available for free on Amaz...