Wednesday 27 November 2019







Girl From The Kip


ONLY  99P




An extract from this book.

‘Mollie! Pearl is a dear friend of mine, and even if she wasn’t, that’s not how we behave towards others in polite society, apologise.’
Embarrassed, Mollie said, ‘I am sorry Madam, it has been a long day and I am very tired, but you need to keep your nose out of our business.’
Taken aback, Pearl looked at a smirking Edwin and said, ‘Well I never. Make her apologise Edwin.’
‘I wish I could, but my words will have no effect on her. But Pearl, isn’t it true, that you only came over here to make fun of her? That being the case, she has every right to rebuke you.’
‘I don’t believe what I’m hearing.’
‘Just move along. Mollie has thick skin; you can’t hurt her with mere words. Anybody would think that you were jealous?’
‘Of her, don’t be ridiculous.  You’ll soon tire of her, then you’ll come back to me.’
‘Clear off,’ Mollie screamed.

As Pearl walked away, Edwin grabbed hold of Mollie’s arm and steered her quickly out to the carriage and helped her up.
‘What have I done?’
‘Plenty, but more fool me. I don’t mind how you talk to Pearl, but when you shout, clear off, across the room, I take exception to that.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

  FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE   FREE My eBooks ' Letting Go' and 'A Callous Land' will be available for free on Amaz...